Tuesday 25 April 2017

Nullabor

We had a good night at Smoky Bay around our camp fire and this morning packed up and left towards WA. Ceduna is a pretty town with a lovely beach front and we sheltered from the wind for our morning tea. Next stop was Penang where we saw the windmill museum which was pretty impressive 

       
This big one is one of the largest in Australia and has been recently restored ! It was here that Dennis produced his $2 golf club and bag of golf balls that he purchased in Moonta! Despite my reservations, it was such fun and we had so many laughs playing the par 4 - our first of the Nullabor golf links! Tops really impressed us with her swing and hit - whereas I would have been the winner if the most number of shots over par counted!! Dennis started off strongly but weakened at the putting end! Darryl was most impressed with my video attempts where I got the ground, my feet and not him!! 

        

The weather deteriorated and fortunately we decided to camp at the Nullarbor road house. The vegetation  was pretty much Mallee for the first part of the journey then suddenly it changes to a treeless landscape! 

   

    

    

     This is the original road house!
It's just as well we were here as it rained and would have been very unpleasant out bush. At least here we had the use of the camp kitchen and met some fellow travellers - a family, some young ones and unfortunately, Boring Brian!! Darryl and Dennis went to the bar for a drink and Tops and I went to bed - I think it was 8pm so no wonder the night seemed long!
And guess what? Right by us is Dingo Dens hole - number 4 hole of the golf links but number 2 for us!! I'm hoping I've improved my game!! Update - Dennis was on fire this morning and hit the ball beautifully! Darryl's game deteriorated somewhat, Tops was still hitting well and me? Well let's say I was hitting the ball straighter than Darryl but once again topped the number of strikes to the green! A par 5 was a par 20 for me 😊. Our biggest battle was the darn crow who pinched 2 balls before we could get there! He must have a pile somewhere! 
We've now left SA and entered WA - a new adventure begins!

    

Lots of love to all our readers from the lucky ones ❌❌❌❌❌

        



No comments:

Post a Comment