Saturday 31 May 2014

Positano

Today was an easier day and we slept in a bit and enjoyed the balcony & views.  Thanks to Anne we were able to watch the last quarter of the Port game - Melbourne looked pretty good and we thought we were going to lose!! 

I finally sorted my feet problems (for those unaware I spent much time deliberating over what footwear to bring and spent some $$$ buying sandals - that gave me blisters - even tho I'd worn them in a bit!)  then my thongs made my feet so sore as they have no support. I wore these all day and no blisters, no sore heels & soles!! So Darryl Anne & Greg hope no more whingeing! 
                   
               

Thismorning we went to a little fish shop and purchased some salmon for dinner tonight and went back into the smallest vege shop in the smallest busiest street to get salad ingredients. We bought one lemon from an old man sitting in a doorway - he spoke no English & us no Italian and we aren't familiar with the euro coins, so I suspect we paid a lot for that lemon!!

The Italian households seem to have such small poky kitchens with no toasters or kettles - no tongs, strainers and all those things we take for granted- and in this case only 1 wine glass!  I suspect they dine out a lot - but we enjoy a bit of self catering!
      
 Amalfi must be the poorer cousin of the next town along the coast - Positano. We caught a ferry there and had a very pleasant lunch and afternoon in this beautiful place. 

                             

                 

              
   

We are back here at our apartment now all catching up on our jobs & watching the rain! Anne is working out the Pompeii trip - it's tricky matching train & ferry timetables!  Tonight we are tackling the washing machine and as it's a bit like the London one, we are a bit nervous!!  


This is our building - it's actually one of the smartest here. I recon it would be a challenge to you Josh to design a house that sits in the rocks and for you Kristian to build one! 

           


         
       






   

         
        

No comments:

Post a Comment